- Haliczer, Pettis and Schwamm, Ft. Lauderdale FL. Senior Associate. (2011 – 2013)
- Represent individuals and companies predominantly in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, civil rights, commercial and premises liability, from pre-suit through trial.
- Lee County Legal Aid Society, Inc., Fort Myers, FL. Staff Attorney. (2007 – 2009 and 2011)
- Managed cases in the areas of dissolution of marriage, adoption, paternity, custody, and domestic violence matters. Conducted more than 30 non-jury trials. Returned in 2011 when asked to assist with coverage.
- University of North Dakota, School of Law, Grand Forks, ND. Adjunct Professor – Insurance Law, 2007
- University of Miami, IMG Studies, Tampa, FL. Lecturer – Paralegal Studies, 2006 – 2007
- Fowler White Boggs Banker P.A., Tampa, FL. Associate. (2006 – 2007)
- Represented companies in insurance coverage disputes, extra contractual exposure, breach of contract, premises liability, water damage and mold litigation, sinkhole, construction negligence and bad faith litigation.
- Rinker Materials Corporation, West Palm Beach, FL. Staff Counsel (Part-time 2004 – 2005)
- Selected and retained outside counsel, managed outside litigation, controlled, reviewed and reduced legal fees and costs, managed, negotiated and settled pre-suit tort and breach of contract claims and disputes, recommended legal strategy to board members, business units and outside counsel, drafted internal and external policies and procedures, reviewed and provided input on safety programs, drafted internal claims handling policies and procedure, drafted, edited and reviewed pleadings, risk management, coordinated responses and documents responsive to discovery and subpoenas, drafted employment, non-disclosure and transportation service agreements, resolved contract disputes, provided support to Human Resources and general corporate governance.
- Hall, David and Joseph, P.A., Miami, FL. Trial Attorney. (2000 – 2004)
- Strategically managed cases in the areas of commercial law, legal malpractice, personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, employment, labor and family law. Successfully argued a case of first impression involving professional negligence that required damages to be calculated based on the actuarial tables thereby surviving motions to dismiss and summary judgment that the claim was premature.
- Robert M. Montgomery, P.A., West Palm Beach, FL. Trial Attorney. (1996 – 2000)
- Represented clients in personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice and nursing home negligence, commercial litigation and products liability including class action and the Florida tobacco litigation. Mediated and fiercely negotiated numerous case settlements.
Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida. Juris Doctor with Honors
- Moot Court
- Journal of Transnational Law & Policy ‑ Best Articles and Notes Editor 1993‑1994
- Delores A. Auzenne Fellow
- Dan Bradley Memorial Scholar
- Law School Appropriations Committee
Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. M.B.A.
- National Deans List ‑ 1989‑1991
University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, North Carolina. B.S.
- Who’s Who Among Student’s in American Universities and Colleges
- Panhellenic Campus Community Service Award
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar Standing Committee on Professionalism
- United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- Florida Bar Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Division – Former Board Member
- Caribbean Bar Association – Former Secretary
PLACE OF BIRTH
Kingston, Jamaica W.I.